WarnerMedia merges with Discovery

AT&T, which owns Warner Bros., is offering shareholders 0.24 shares of the new joint venture for every AT&T share they own. As part of the deal, AT&T will receive $43 billion in cash and other remuneration.

AT&T shareholders will own 71% of the shares of the new company — Warner Bros. Discovery. Discovery shareholders will own the remaining 29% of the company.

The merged company will be traded on Nasdaq under the ticker symbol “WBD” and will be managed by Discovery CEO David Zaslav. WarnerMedia CEO Jason Kilar will leave the company after the merger is completed.

JPMorgan Chase: Commodities may grow by another 40%

Investment bank strategists believe that commodities will continue to grow as a response to high inflation.

Over the past month, many commodities – from oil to wheat – have already updated their local highs. This led to a new round of inflation and stronger statements by the FRS (Federal Reserve System) about upcoming rate hikes. This, in turn, prompted investors to redistribute assets between stocks, bonds and raw materials in their portfolios towards the latter.

Institutional investors hedge inflation risks with the help of commodities. Which “will mean another 30-40% growth for commodities,” JPMorgan said.